Forrest County Board of Supervisors
Welcome to the County’s new website.
Forrest County is located in south central Mississippi approximately 100 miles south of the State Capital, Jackson. The County is a dynamic, growing center for business, population and learning.
The County is served by interstate 59 (New Orleans to Meridian) and Highway 49 (Gulfport to Jackson) as well as Highway 98 (Mobile to Columbia). Hattiesburg, where the county offices are located, is therefore known as the Hub City.
There is also an excellent Medical facility: Forrest General Hospital.
The population for Forrest County, Mississippi is 74,934. (Census 2010). Greater Hattiesburg MSA Regional Profile – click here
Switchboard/Information: (601) 545-6000
June 3, 2013
Tom King, Southern District Transportation Commissioner presents Charles Marshall, District 2 Supervisor, with a check for the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) for the Rawls Springs Recreation Center Expansion. The grant total is $300,000 and the county will be required to give a 20 percent match. Grant money will be used to expand the existing park facility at Rawls Springs, which will include a walking path, lighting, benches, bicycle racks and other amenities. The completed project will form a larger park that will create a safe, functional and attractive area for local residents and visitors along with forming a pedestrian connection to Rawls Springs Road.
Brooklyn Sewer Project – Findings – enlarge
JANUARY 28, 2013
NEW RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION, DISPOSAL AND BILLING NOTICE – CLICK HERE
VIEW WASTE PRO PROGRAM INFORMATION – CLICK HERE
| January 7, 2013.
The Forrest County Election Commissioners were sworn in today at the Forrest County Board of Supervisors meeting.
|Chief Charles Bolton is presented with the 2012 Forrest County Officer of the Year Award. This award is presented annually to the law enforcement and firefighters by the Hattiesburg Exchange Club. November 5, 2012|
|“Taking part in the Pre-Game Activities at the September 27th Oak Grove vs Petal football game, are Congressman Steven Palazzo- MS 4th Congressional District, District 4 Supervisor Lamar County- Phillip Carlisle, and District 3 Supervisor Forrest County- Burkett Ross”.|
|The Board of Supervisors recognized and commended the Hattiesburg Americans 8 year old baseball team for reaching the championship game of the 2012 Dixie Youth Regional World Series in Searcy, Arkansas. The team won 6 of 9 games played over a 3 day span. Prior to reaching the World Series, the Americans amassed an undefeated record of 21-0 and won the State Tournament held in Magee.Team Members: Joey Acosta, Matthew Adams, Jermel Ford, Timothy Hunt, Antonio Johnson, Nick Lee, Collin Necaise, Levi Odom,Landon Scott, Channing Ware, Luke Wiest and Blake Wilberding. Coaches: Jay Acosta, Mark Necaise, Dontae Scott and Cliff Wilberding.|
|July 30, 2012.The Forrest County Board of Supervisors voted to help sponsor the Hattiesburg Dixie Boys 13 Year Old baseball Team and assist with a contribution for their travel expense as they represent Mississippi in the World Series. The World Series will be held in Christiansburg, Virginia and the team will depart Hattiesburg on Thursday, August 2, 2012.|
|June 25, 2012.The Forrest County Board of Supervisors and other officials recently had a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Forrest County Community Shelter.The facility is 10,000 square feet with a capacity of 882 people during an emergency. It is designed to protect for 36 hours and withstand 200 mph winds.Cost of the project was funded by a 2.1 million FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant and administered by MEMA. FEMA picked up 95% of the cost, with the county covering the remaining 5%. The facility is located off U.S. Highway 49 near the county’s Multi-Purpose Center.|
Chris Bowen – District 5, Rod Woullard – Vice President – District 4
Burkett Ross – District 3, Charles Marshall – District 2
David Hogan – President – District 1