Forrest County Chancery Court – (601) 545-6040
Forrest County Chancery Court is located in the Paul B. Johnson Chancery Building in downtown Hattiesburg and is one of the five counties which make up the tenth Judicial District.
The other counties in the tenth Judicial District are Perry, Lamar, Pearl River and Marion. Chancellors in the Tenth Judicial District are Chancery Court Judges Deborah J. Gambrell, Johnny L. Williams, Dawn H. Beam, and Eugene Love Fair.
Questions concerning services provided by the Forrest County Chancery Court should be forwarded to the Forrest County Chancery Clerk’s Chief Deputy, Lance Reid or the Chancery Clerk, Jimmy C. Havard.
Forrest County Chancery Court Services include:
- Alternation of Birth Certificate
- Removal of a Minority Guardianship or Conservatorship
- Land Dispute
- Settlement of Small Claim
- Contempt of Modification
- Agreed Modification (when all parties sign)
- Partition Suit Any Cross-Complaint
- Notice of Delinquency
- Writ of garnishment
- Involuntary Mental Commitment (including Sheriff’s Clerk’s Attorneys’,and Doctors’ fees)
- Involuntary Drug and Alcohol Answer (Court Reporter’s Fee)